Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Just the envelope honey, just the envelope.

I grabbed the mail from the mailbox yesterday, waiting for The Boy to join me on a shopping trip (something he hates doing, but he had stuff at the mall he wanted to deal with). There were three pieces of mail: an envelope for him from Blood Services Canada, and two catalogues from Victoria's Secret for me. I bought two sweater dresses from them online this winter, so I get stuff in the mail from the all the time. I tossed everything onto the passenger seat and went back to contemplating life.

The Boy arrived shortly thereafter - he'd been at his dad's - and jumped into the front seat, picking up the mail first. He sits down, looks at it and says:

"Wow. Mail AND Victoria's Secret catalogues waiting for me. You're the best mom ever".

3 comments:

  1. You KNOW what he's going to do with that, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good man. Someone once said he read Playboy and National Geographic for the same reason. To look at places he was never going to be able to afford to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kept the magazines (there is a summer dress I'm thinking about, if the last seven pounds go away). I let him keep the regular mail!

    ReplyDelete