Monday, May 30, 2011

Stress - it comes and goes

Actually, more like it goes away but comes back. The overwhelming panic that was making me sick, that bits gone. Which is how I knew I had made the right decision in making plans to get rid of the house.

However...I am still not sleeping and having WAY too many migraines worrying about other things. Even simple things that stuff that I would like to keep but won't have room for. Even if it is small enough to store at my sister's place, how do I get it out there? I've been having nightmares about going on a solo trip over the mountains with a car of stuff for storage.

And fixing things - so many kind people have offered to help me get painting done, but first things have to get out of the house which means all the stuff that is going to the dump (dumpster already set up for later this week), stuff to Value Village (14 bags so far!), things for a garage sale and then furniture that I think I should try to get rid of before the garage sale. Or maybe not. Maybe I should sell it all at once. At one garage sale. Or maybe a couple of consecutive sales. Or....

See? That is what is happening to my nights. I mean to sleep, but end of with a whole list of "maybe I should"s. Sigh. Working on the bit of the meditation prayer that says "all things pass". Because yes, some day, the house will be a bad memory that I will be happy to forget.

1 comment:

  1. Time to downsize when the kids are grown as yours are. Where will you move? AVOID condominiums if at all possible. The control freaks end up running them.

    ReplyDelete