Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What a Day

I want freedom for the full expression of my personality.
Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)

I have my freedom. And sweet it is, too. And the only thing I have to say is that you can question a lot of things. I myself question things all the time: I have my doubts as to how good a friend I am, how good a sister, a daughter, an employee. I've doubted my faith and I've questioned my usefulness as a human being.

You know what I don't every question or worry about? My parenting. I'm not saying I've made no mistakes, I certainly have. There are things that I wish I'd done differently. But if my life were to end tonight, I'd still look back at my babies and be as amazed at how they turned out as I was that they were born in the first place. They're good kids. Good people. So if you're going to start on a list of all the things I've done wrong, starting with how poorly I've raised my children just means anything else you say is meaningless.

2 comments: