Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Saving Salisbury

So I tried the Salisbury steak recipe. The beef part sucked*, but the mushroom wine sauce was fantastic. And I HATE mushrooms. A stand I suspect I will have to renegotiate to something along the lines of "don't particularly like mushrooms". Maybe the fact that it Port was used for deglazing that made me like the sauce. Or the butter. Mmmmm....butter.

So I would use the sauce again, on steak or even roast beef. But the rest of the recipe was...unpleasant. If you'd like the recipe for the sauce let me know and I'll send you an email.

*In the interest of being more helpful, it sucked because it was basically a bland, dry hunk of cooked ground beef. The meat may have been too lean, or perhaps I cooked it too much before putting it in the sauce to finish off. Nevertheless, my mistake or a bad recipe, I won't be doing it again.

2 comments: