Friday, September 23, 2011

Shoes

I bought shoes yesterday. Two pairs, in fact. Shoes that I actually needed! Not that I am one of those people with far more shoes than they need, but it was still nice buying something knowing they were needed. One pair black, one pair brown.

why were they needed? Because - except for the usual number of summer sandals - I have no flat shoes. My theory is the shorter the woman the taller the heels. We need something not to look like little kids!

You know what doesn't help? Giving up on the grown up shoes and ending up with two bright yellow shoe boxes, covered with brightly covered little dancing stick figures. Because yes, in the end the shoes were from the kids section. I have - to quote a shoe salesmen who was trying to help me find shoes a while ago - ridiculous feet. NOT a good sales tactic, by the way.

My theory when paying for shoes is that if they ask if the shoes are for me, I say yes and pay the tax. If they don't ask, I don't tell. There were years of paying taxes on shoes for The Girl when I should have said who the shoes were for so I figure eventually it will even out. Reasonable, or fraud?

1 comment:

  1. Perfectly reasonable. It's their assumption. Used to be, that if the item was meant for children, no tax was charged. Regardless of if it was for them or not.

    ReplyDelete