Wednesday, August 10, 2011

If I ran the meetings

I know business meetings seems to be an odd thing to post after such a long absence, but so be it. I really shouldn't be posting at all, I've way too much to get done. Which is what has me thinking about meetings.

First, though, a side track to grade 7. I took a speed reading class. Best class ever. I was already a speedy reader. All you had to do was read what was assigned and then write a comprehension test. If you failed, then you had a class lesson to pay attention to. If you passed above a certain percent...you just got to read for the remainder of the class.I always got to read. For the whole class, and get a credit for it. Talk about easy A! Throw in some cooking and that would have been the bestest class in the world. So to speak.

When there are long drawn out office meetings, I'd like to be able to iron things. Or fold laundry. Or run a lint roller over things. Or mend things. Or any other quiet thing that can be done without disrupting said meeting that I have a hard time finding time for at home. Things that need to be done but that always end up on the bottom of the "chores to do tonight" list. As long as you can pass a test at the end of the meeting to prove you have been paying attention, you're ok with getting things quietly done at future meetings. Perhaps with some periodical snap quizzes to keep you on your toes. And maybe put the knitting down if it's your turn to speak.

Note to MayB: get this working at union meetings. You'd be able to stock an entire store or ten with knitted things!

3 comments:

  1. So are you moved into your new digs yet? I have been off blogs for three weeks and have no idea what is going on anywhere,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often knit at meetings! It's a great way to pay attention and feel like you're accomplishing things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get in trouble just for bringing a book to read BEFORE the meeting starts. Apparently, staring into space before AND after the meeting is expected of employees. You're a lucky camper, Mistress Knit.

    ReplyDelete