Sunday, October 31, 2010

The banks are safe

I didn't rob any banks this weekend. So all the banks are safe. Bar mine, of course, because I went shopping. Yes, I hate shopping but...there were some things at La Senza that I almost got on the gift card go round but didn't. And hey it's still cheaper than buying a ridiculous number of shoes, and WAY better than robbing a bank, yes? Did some of the laundry and all of the baking but things sort of went downhill from there.

My recent lack of sleep (most of which was my fault) and wacky weather (for which I can't be blamed) combined into a perfect storm of a migraine. Ick. But even that had some sweet things to it. Not the migraine itself, of course, but the babies.

When it became obvious that I needed help, I was beyond driving (everything was foggy, and weirdly double. So yeah, not up to driving), so the boy took me to the clinic. And then the drugstore. And then home. And when we got home, he took the laundry bags in and made my bed up - which I'd stripped that morning prior to doing all the laundry - so all I had to do was take my meds and lie down. Then he quietly let himself out the door, assuring me that he'd take care of the rest of the afternoon.

Which he did. Picked up his sister at five, brought her back here. She made her own supper and stayed in, checking up on me every now and again. And without her help - she correctly interpreted "oh bugger not again" as "oh no I'm going to be sick I need a bowl" - things would have been a lot messier. So yeah, it was not great losing time over the weekend, but man I've got me some good kids!

So, not the weekend I'd planned, but not completely a loss either!

2 comments:

  1. Your migraines really hit you hard, don't they? Yes, you do have good kids. We've all known it for a long time. I hope they read your blog as praise from Mom is the best image booster ever invented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your kids took such good care of you.

    ReplyDelete