Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's just for halloween. Honest.

Halloween is coming and consequently The Girl wants to take extra time to look at costumes in any store we happen to be in that carries them. Shopper’s Drug Mart, Wal-Mart, anywhere. So I was not surprised when she wanted to detour into a store that was nothing but Halloween stuff.

What did surprise me was that is was more like a store for bedroom role-play. Don’t get me wrong, if that’s what you’re into, fine. I don’t want to hear about it but fine. At least I know where to go if I want to buy scarlet Mary Jane’s with six inch heels and a platform sole. Which I might just do, actually.




The thing is, along with all the mummy costumes and skeleton costume and wigs and holiday paraphernalia (and things like furry hand-cuffs) they had a wide array of naughty___________ costumes. Why the blank? Because you could fill in the blank with just about anything. Some of the things I saw waiting for the girl to try on a dinosaur outfit were naughty:
Nurse
Doctor
Flight attendant
Pilot
Co-pilot
Cop
Milk-maid
Catholic school girl
Almost every fantasy creature you’d want, including blue Avatar costumes (elf, sprite, pixie, fairy, brownie, gnome)
Assorted super heroes
Movie characters
Disney characters (really? You honestly want to dress up as a tarty Snow White? Isn’t that a contraction in terms?)
Teacher
Fire fighter
EMS tech
Many different styles of slutty witches
Harem girl (ok, maybe that outfit kinda has to be naughty)
Cheerleader (yeah, same as above I’m thinking. Is there such thing as an overly clad cheerleader?)
An amazing array of pirate costumes. Because there is, in costume land, a big difference between being a Corsair-tart and a Barbary-tart
Baker
Very possible a butcher and a candlestick maker too, but I didn’t see any
Butterfly
Geisha
Marie Antoinette (who would likely be exceedingly surprised to see her likeness in a micro-mini and fishnets.)
Nun
Various “historical” costumes. Any one of which would have you arrested in a flash if you thought you could use them when time traveling.

Such was the overwhelming feeling of the store that when we left and I said I’d be blogging about it, The Girl said “you mean how everything was designed for hookers?” Yes, that’s what I mean. ‘Cept the shoes. They were kinda awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I am so annoyed by the lack of non-hooker outfits for Halloween. Perverts.

    ReplyDelete