Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Where are you heading?

What are you aiming for in weight loss? Assuming that you are trying to lose weight, as I’m beginning to think the entire continent is, even those size twos out there. What are they thinking? That if size two is good, size zero is better? Trust me, the only time a size zero is a good idea is if you’re in a coffin.

Anyway, I’m not really asking you about what you’re aiming for, it’s just that I’ve found myself wondering what I’m aiming for. Not entirely a specific weight to get to, although I suppose since I had a specific number of pounds that I wanted to lose, and I know what I weighed when I started then in a sense there is a specific weight. But it isn’t the main thing. If I don’t get there, I don’t get there and that’s ok.

It’s also not really about a specific dress size, although I have to say having more and more things fit that haven’t for years has been like getting a new wardrobe for free Again, though, there isn’t a size in my head that has me thinking “That size. When I’m size _____, then I’ll have reached my goal”. So it isn’t about size. Although, should I reach size ________ I am buying two things: button fly Levi’s and that dress from the Betty Page store. But that’s more like a reward for a significant accomplishment than aiming for a specific size.

I think what I personally am aiming for is something inside. Feeling “yeah, I can do that” more often than feeling “I’ll never be able to do that”. Camping holidays where I look forward to the hiking part as much as the relaxing in front of the campfire part. Kayaking in the ocean, not Wascana Lake. Saying yes when The Boy suggests a bike ride, without wondering how far or how fast we may be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment