Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Choices, choices

Here we are on Tuesday, so I should be posting some sort of baking thing. But really, I think (and it's MY blog) that as long as it is kitchen related it'll do. And this is a kitchen related entry, so my blogging on Tuesday promise has been kept.

I've been happy - and surprised - with the results of the liquor making I've tried so far. Perhaps not the unfortunately coloured creme de menthe, but certainly the oft-repeated vanilla cordial and the solo batch of Milk Liqueur. Christmas is coming, and I think I'd like to make something else. For keeping, giving away or possibly cooking with. I'm undecided on the why front.

I'm also undecided on the what. Two things that interest me are Galliano liquour and Colada cordial. The former because I love licorice and for some reason I like the thought of stuffing roots and berries into a bottle of alcohol and letting it perk away in some dark cupboard corner. Maybe if it works I'll try brewing a love potion or some sort of house repair magic. House cleaning magic? I keep waiting for elves to clean my house overnight whislt I sleep. Hasn't happened yet, but perhaps I'm heading in the right direction.

The colada one appeals because pineapple-coconut anything makes me think of beaches. And all the lovely s words that go with it; sand, sun, sail, sex, surf, seafood, salsa. Sangria? Not sure about that last one, I've never tried it. But seeing as we had the first snow of the season today (a not so nice s word!) day dreaming about swimming in tropical waters is the best idea I've had all morning.

What say you? Suggestions, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment