Friday, December 10, 2010

I guess it would have been better than hunting. Maybe.

As previously discussed, I dream well. Well in a few meanings of the word:
- in a good or satisfactory manner
- thoroughly
- commendably, meritoriously, or excellently
- to a considerable extent or degree

And for reasons I don't care to discuss, I had some high hopes for some good dreaming last night. However.... I did not dream in a satisfactory manner. Oh, I dreamt, don’t get me wrong. I dreamt about high school (not so bad) my much-missed brother (sad, but nice to see him, so to speak) and…Sarah Palin.

Yup, you read that correctly. I dreamt about Sarah Palin. And man, was she irritating. We were on vacation together. Yeah, like that would happen. In the midst of the one winter I’m not coping very well with I’m most likely to vacation further north. With Sarah Palin. Although… in my current effort to learn to suffer fools kindly, if not gladly, she could be homework or something. Anyway!

I was trying to work out some whale watching. I’m in Alaska, seemed like a good plan. What did she want? To go sky diving, over open water. Because she was “pretty sure” someone would fish us out of the water before we got too cold. One of those Televisions boats. From Deadliest Catch. Her words, not mine. Although as it was my dream I suppose all of the words were mine. Still. Palin. Why? Am I being punished for something?

This also meant that I was up and out of bed WAY too early this morning. 4:55. am if you must know. Why? Because there was no way on God’s green earth I was going to risk going back into that dream. That never happens with good dreams but nightmares are another story. My theory on why that is is that fear holds onto our minds with a far tighter grip than pleasure. Just a theory.

On the plus side…I did get a load of laundry done this morning. And the dishwasher unloaded and loaded up again. And the kitchen counters cleaned. And had a Latin dance work out* with enough time left over to read a book in the bath and still not be late for work. Most of which is good. All except the work out part. I’m a morning person, but my hips are not used to that much action that early in the day. (There will be NO COMMENTS on that line. NONE WHATSOEVER. Just let it go, ok?)

I didn’t even get to do any dream-world whale watching, because we got lost. In Alaska, on a ski-do. See what I mean about not worth risking a return?

*I’ve started doing the Zumba thing. My review of what I think about it later today or sometime next week.

2 comments:

  1. OK. No comment.

    Even in your dreams the woman is as dumb as a stick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream where Angelina Jolie and her passel of kids (or at least two of them) showed up for dinner. I was not amused. Especially as they showed up without Brad Pitt.

    ReplyDelete