Thursday, December 9, 2010

Woman on the Verge of a Cold Weather Break Down.

Here are some of the things I've thought about doing today. Seriously thought about.

Is there anything legal....or legal-ish that I can do to get enough money to go somewhere hot for a few days? Starting Saturday?

How much would it actually cost (not just in money, which is in short supply -thanks, car repair -but in time and effort as well) to go to Moose Jaw and stay at the spa? To float about in the hot water and pretend I'm somewhere else? And stay there until tomorrow?

What about a spa here? Something in a hotel, so I can have a massage and then just toddle off to bed, instead of going back outside.

Would BC be enough of a warm break to help? (no, no it wouldn't).

Would it make any difference to the day if I ran outside to the parking lot and started screaming at mother nature?

Why? Why, after all the years in this place, why is this winter the one that is killing me?

Don't worry. I won't actually be robbing a bank today. Or any day. The only thing that is going to happen today is me taking a book out for supper. Maybe somewhere that feels like it could be some place that isn't actually here. Which is an awkward sentence, but I'm not re-writing it. I'm too cold to.

2 comments:

  1. I'm cold too.

    Also, Airmiles (1000 pts) gives you a free night at the spa. WORTH IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good deal. Or get a hotel room with a jacuzzi tub.

    ReplyDelete