Sunday, November 7, 2010

Choose, but choose well.

I'm sure you've all done something that was totally out of character. Something that people who know you wouldn't believe, that you yourself have a hard time believing.

When this happens you have, I believe, two choices. Regret or acceptance. Regret doesn't seem to serve any purpose. Unless, I suppose, what you've done that is out of character is something like robbing a bank, or driving your car off a bridge. Regret in those circumstances might save you from a repeat performance with more permanent consequences. But when it's something essentially harmless, why spend all that emotional energy wishing it had never happened? Why not just accept that it was not the usual you and go with "no harm no foul".

If, for instance, you bought a dress (which I did) that was more expensive than just about any other dress you've ever bought (which it was), and there was no need for it (there isn't) but it looks awesome (it does) then...enjoy it. An event will come along sometime that you can wear it to. And with Christmas and New Years around the corner the chances of having somewhere to wear it increase.

So that's my advice for the day; so you did something you wouldn't normally do. It isn't bad to just enjoy yourself you know. The police aren't going to appear at your door just because you stepped out of your comfort zone. So I hope y'all had as good a weekend as I did. No regrets. Not even for the equally unnecessary shoes that I got at the same time. What can I say? Regina has a Betty Page store. See if you can go and not want to leave with something.

3 comments:

  1. No offense intended, but you have enough problems walking in flats, do you really think those shoes are a good idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Don't listen to Jason, KB. Those shoes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He may have a point - I fell last night with heels half that height. But they are pretty awesome, and my buying them was part of a deal that got your sister to buy the ones she liked!

    ReplyDelete