Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Insert Thai-tle pun here

Thai one on? Thaime for supper? I was going to put something clever in the title, but I'm too cold. And a little too tired. Anyway:

There are going to be a few entries today. Yes, my life is that exciting! No, wait, it isn’t. I’ve just been that busy.

YesterdayI worked most of the day without a break to get a project done, so the cooking entry didn’t happen. I’m sure I would have blogged something brilliant, but whatever it was has gone.

I can tell you, though, from Monday night’s supper with The Boy - balsamic marinated mushrooms (store bought), lemon and pistachio rice and sweet chili glazed salmon- that what I’d heard was true; sweet Thai chili sauce adds heat, but balanced with enough sweetness that it’s about the flavour, not the boasting of how hot something you ate was.

The recipe was quite easy, too. You cook the salmon, and then add the glaze after, turning the salmon a couple of times to coat. The glaze was fish sauce, sweet chili sauce, cornstarch and…I don’t remember. But then I don’t remember the portions anyway, so it’s not like I’ve messed up a recipe for you. If you like salmon and want to try the recipe, send a message via comments and I’ll forward it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment